
Have you ever run five miles without stopping? Me neither, but I walked it!
Ok, so the above statement isn't totally true, I'm sure I have with soccer conditioning, etc., but never on a treadmill. Until tonight. With my knees sucking rocks (see previous posts for more info) lately, I was (surprisingly) only a little wary of the 5.0 miles my training program called for today. This training schedule had a four-miler scheduled last week that I just couldn't do. I had to take a week's break because I could barely walk, let alone run four miles.
Monday, I was only able to walk 1.75 miles; Tuesday, I did two miles walking; Wednesday, I did all three miles walking with the exception of the last 1/4 mile at a slow run, which nearly killed me.
But today, TODAY, I did five miles. And surprisingly, for 3/4 of a mile, I actually RAN! It's getting so much better, words don't even do it justice. It still hurts too much to go to quickly or too long, but there is major progress happening here, folks.
I seriously don't think I could have done it (or continue to do anything) without my INCREDIBLE husband. He loves me enough to put up with anything I throw at him. Literally and figuratively.
Take today for example: on less than four hours of sleep he was a champ all day while we packed, I invited random people over, dropped off a gift at a friend's house (I told him I wanted to doorbell ditch it...even though our names were on a card inside, and he still loves me) and made him take care of Dax while he fussed so that I could work out at a gym located at the place he just quit working.
Poor guy was/is so exhausted, but he sat there and was some great motivation to keep my jiggly butt moving. AND he kept telling me he loved me in a way that didn't make me think he was trying to convince himself.
Also, he talks in his sleep. He just said, "I don't know."
Why did Heavenly Father bless me with such an awesome guy? Who knows, but MAN, I struck gold! I love you, baby. Happy Valentine's Day!
I can't believe your dedication to this Carly! I'm amazed by you. I nearly stopped halfway through my 5 miles today because the kids were bugging me and breaking my "focus" I know I wouldn't have the guts to keep plugging away like you have! I'll be thinking of you next time I think I hurt too much to keep going!
ReplyDeleteI ditto everything Amy said. You're amazing! I was having second thoughts about the 1/2 marathon, but you make me want to keep going, and I'm going to.
ReplyDelete