Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Program

Hooray! I have a running buddy! Robbie's sister Amy will be running with me. She ran the Top of Utah Marathon a little over a year ago, and shortly after was pregnant with baby Lauren. Baby Lou was born two months before Dax, so we're in the same boat with the "I'm feeling fat and yucky, and stretched out in all the wrong places" mindset. We're alike in a lot of ways, so I think it will be a really good thing for both of us to stay motivated. Though, truth be told, I'm kinda worried I'm not going to be nearly as good as Amy will be.

For those of you that are interested, the training program I am working on is: this one. So far...it's kicking my trash.

Tonight, the workout was 4x400, but I thought it was 3x400 and 1x800, so that's what I did instead. I'm glad that I did more rather than less, but it's showing me that I pretty much suck right now. Part of the problem is that it has everything (every goal and pace) is based on a 5k race time, and I've never run one (not timed, or anything recent, for that matter). Also, I'm still too out of shape to run one well, so I'm just trying to kick my own butt while I train, and hoping that it will pay the dividends I am wanting. It's pretty humbling, also slightly embarrassing, but I know I can do it, and that it will be worth it. No question.

Thanks for everyone's support and tips. Please keep them coming!

1 comment:

  1. Keep going babe! I Love You. I am very impressed (and jelous) with you determination. I can't wait to pace you when the races start up. I guess I better get in shape too hu?

    -Robbie-

    ReplyDelete